Thursday, January 17, 2013

The First Kiss

Lets go back in time and relive one of the most revealing moments I had about love. It was second semester sixth grade year and like many students, I was very excited about passing to the seventh grade and officially being among jr high students. I had learned allot, but I knew so much more came with getting older. During the school year, a cute new student joined the McClelland Bears and had all the young females less apprehensive about boy cooties. Not only was he cute, he lived in my neighborhood and going to school became allot more fun from then on.
      Nearing summer break, he as my boyfriend knew that change was evident. He would only stick around a couple weeks after summer started, to live with his dad. But we were young, and it didn't matter what happened, as long as we enjoy what was present. We understood that South Wayne would behold a gauntlet of new friends and fun, and that we would always remain friends no matter what.
      On the eve of him leaving, we made arrangements to be with each other and enjoy each other's company. Remember, we were sixth graders, and outside was our playground. Upon walking me home after our day of bliss, he gently grabbed my hand and said, "before I leave... can I kiss you?" I was caught off guard, for I had never kissed anyone. I became paranoid quick. "Uumm. Yeah. Where, because I have nosey neighbors?" And without a word, just my hand in tow, he lead me towards my garage.
      I'm still nervous and freaking out in my mind; "Should I lick my lips? I hope my breath don't stink!! Are we using tongue? I'm not ready for tongue!! Gosh I hope I do this right." ... He gave me a hug comforting the pounding heart in my chest. He kissed my forehead. I don't remember breathing. He kissed my nose. I looked into his eyes and seen the sun giving them the sparkling hazel hue that I learned to love more than anything. "Count to five in your head," he sweetly whispered. And with the next beating pulse of my heart, our lips touched at once, creating ultraviolet explosive fireworks to boom with excitement, to nearly sweet calming peace of love.
    I remember the wind blowing through my hair, startling me to open my eyes. He was entangled just as much if not more, like me! I was happy. And then I giggled. I couldn't help it. "Why are you laughing Big Head? We barely made it to five?" "This ain't 'Love & Basketball'... five seconds of kissing," I said mockingly. He then playfully picked me up, bear-hugging me, and lightly kissed my cheek setting me down back to Earth.
       

That was the cheesiest, most awesome first kiss I could ever experience. I went to bed that night thinking that if true love really exists, then I want it to feel just like it was - peaceful. Love sometimes will just be a simple notion. No music. No disruptions. Just total control and awareness of one's emotional peak. Allowing them to unfurl as they so wish to. And for that. I thank you. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment